Author Topic: Flexraid License question (not clear from wiki)  (Read 432 times)

Offline Sp3kt3r

• View Profile
Flexraid License question (not clear from wiki)
« on: January 03, 2018, 03:11:08 pm »
Why nobody from admin can actually take 2 minute to reply to my question ? I asked more than 1 month ago and still no answer and yes I read the wiki and maybe it's just me but I can't find any clear answer
-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I'm looking for an answer to my question regarding my flexraid (RAID-F) license

I'm planning to upgrade my motherboard since it's getting old and I will have to change CPU, I will use the same ram, video card and also the same hard drive set.

According to the wiki, my license should work because i'm using the same hard drive configuration.
My question.. is if after a few weeks or month.. my hard drive configuration (My data + parity) need to be upgraded for bigger drive does this mean my license won't work ?

In the wiki it's mentionned that if it's a new computer with new drive it won't work because everything is new.
I just need some clarification because eventually my drive will have to be changed as well after upgrading my computer.

thx.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 10:38:58 am by Sp3kt3r »

Offline Aderalia

• View Profile
Re: Flexraid License question (not clear from wiki)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 09:38:44 pm »
Take a look at this:

http://wiki.flexraid.com/2012/05/04/licensing-hardware-changes-and-license-transfer/

To me it sounds like you can change your CPU + Mainboard and do a licence transfer, you can also expand your system to a certain degree, but once too many components have been changed you need a new license.

That is, if many of the drives in the system when first activated are no longer the same and key components have been replaced, you will not be granted a transfer.
It is expected that you will either acquire a new system or that your existing system will morph eventually to pass a threshold after which you will be required to acquire a new license.