Author Topic: What's the best way to fix future dated items?  (Read 431 times)

Offline kevin.r

• View Profile
What's the best way to fix future dated items?
« on: January 23, 2018, 07:50:18 pm »
My parity creation is succeeding, but when I got to validate it, I have 1850 new files (scattered across 10's of terabytes).  They aren't "new" files, but their modification date is "‎Wednesday, ‎January ‎01, ‎2098, ‏‎1:00:00 AM" so it's thinking they are.

How can I easily and most efficiently resolve this?

Offline kevin.r

• View Profile
Re: What's the best way to fix future dated items?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 08:49:29 pm »
I think I found the solution. I was originally going to use "Karen's Directory Printer" to list date modified, then full file path, and then modify the content of the output to use the touch command (as Brahim mentioned in other posts: http://wiki.flexraid.com/2012/04/03/howto-resolve-issues-with-corrupted-file-reports/), but it looks like all 1850 files were listed cleanly in the flexraid log and I'll be able to use that to run in a bat file.

Will update this post if it doesn't work.

Offline kevin.r

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 09:07:20 pm »
Some what worked...unfortunately touch.exe doesn't support file paths longer than 248ish characters even when using "\\?\" (a tip also learned from Brahim in the forums), fortunately that only affects a handful of items, so I'll probably use something like notepad++ to modify them, and then unmodify them.

Offline kevin.r

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 09:33:04 pm »
Only two files exceeded the character limit (also tried \\?\UNC\), so I was able to get Directory OPUS to move the files around then added and removed a space using notepad++, saved, replaced the original file and viola! Now I'm performing an update, then I'll do a quick validate, then validate, and a verify and hopefully my storage will be 100%. Will update hopefully in 2-3 days when the verify is complete.

Offline kevin.r

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 08:21:13 am »
FYI, it failed to update because the system somehow decided to change the parity free space to 10MB down from 500MB that I had setup initially
"There is not enough space on the disk"
followed by
"Memory leak detected on native buffers! Leaks count = 2 out of 190"

Decided to just rebuild the array...then hopefully it will pass validation.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Offline kevin.r

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 05:34:20 pm »
Just an update, after adjusting the free space for parity drives back up to 500MB, and the rebuilding the array <twice> (it locked up on the first attempt at 26% the first time no clue why), I had success only to find out there were an additional 250 files that did not get "touched". The root cause of this was that the files were marked "Read-only" therefore touch was unable to modify them. I've done the quick-validate and update twice (no changes detected!) and now it's doing a verify but I think all is well finally :D If there is no update to this post again it is because all is well.