Author Topic: How do I change the log level?  (Read 643 times)

Offline Vayne

• View Profile
How do I change the log level?
« on: March 15, 2018, 03:21:52 pm »
I've recently started downloading directly to my tRAID array, and as a result it's producing huge amounts of log files just recording [OnOpenFile], [OnCloseFile] type events. It literally fills up gigabytes of space in a few hours.

I assume this can be fixed by turning the log level down, but I can't find out how to do that successfully. On the wiki I've found reference to two different methods, one (seemingly older?) involves editing a "logging.options.txt" file that I don't seem to have:
http://wiki.flexraid.com/2011/03/26/how-to-enable-more-verbose-logging/
while the other involves editing System Environment Variables - I didn't have the FLEXRAID_NZFS_LOG_LEVEL variable, but I was able to create it manually, however doing so hasn't changed the quantity of logs being produced.
http://wiki.flexraid.com/2013/06/27/changing-log-levels-in-transparent-raid/

If one of those two methods should be working, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?  If I should be doing something else, what is that thing?

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How do I change the log level?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 11:09:24 pm »
In the Web UI, select to edit the host and you will see the option to set the log level for the host.
It is likely set to TRACE. Change it to WARN or ERROR.

You can make those changes without having to stop and restart anything.

Offline Vayne

• View Profile
Re: How do I change the log level?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 12:07:59 pm »
In the Web UI, select to edit the host and you will see the option to set the log level for the host.
It is likely set to TRACE. Change it to WARN or ERROR.

You can make those changes without having to stop and restart anything.
Thank you, that has solved the problem perfectly. As you suspected, it was set to TRACE.