Author Topic: Transfer license to new machine help/clarification  (Read 268 times)

Offline CakeM1x

• View Profile
Transfer license to new machine help/clarification
« on: May 08, 2018, 02:29:05 pm »
I emailed Flexraid for confirmation but they have ignored me for over a month now. I have a new faster computer (SSD/mobo/cpu/gpu/memory/psu) that I want to transfer flexraid and my current hard drives to. From what I've read that if I'm keeping my drives it should work. I don't see why I should not be able to transfer my license to my new machine but I have read a lot of people having issues with this and support is pretty non existent. Can anyone confirm this is true?

Offline cogliostrio

• View Profile
Re: Transfer license to new machine help/clarification
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 03:27:09 am »
Check this out
http://wiki.flexraid.com/2012/05/04/licensing-hardware-changes-and-license-transfer/

It looks like your case is covered for a transfer. Check the license portal if you have to deactivate the old PC, or some other steps prior to moving disks over to the new PC.

Offline Haldanite

• View Profile
Re: Transfer license to new machine help/clarification
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 09:08:09 pm »
I did a transfer of my drives to a new motherboard and OS and my license won't activate.  I've tried using the portal to transfer, but get an error message that says to contact sales.  I've sent multiple emails for over a week now and they have gone unanswered.  I would really like to get this resolved before the trial expires.