Author Topic: Response From Sales?  (Read 825 times)

Offline Haldanite

• View Profile
Response From Sales?
« on: May 26, 2018, 10:37:35 am »
I had to replace my motherboard and along with it my CPU and RAM.  I reinstalled the hard drives used in my Transparent RAID, but I can't activate my license.  I've been waiting on someone to respond from the sales email for almost 2 weeks (multiple emails sent) since the system fails to transfer my license.  I have all the same drives from my raid installed and I'm using the trial license, but I would really rather be using the license I paid for.  Anyone have suggestions on how to get my license transferred or any idea when I might expect to hear back on my emails?

Offline efishta

• View Profile
Re: Response From Sales?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 06:07:03 pm »
I ran into a similar issue a couple of years ago. There's not much you can do but wait for "customer service" to respond at their whim. Brahim, lead developer (or only developer?), has a regular tendency to disappear for months at a time, so don't expect direct developer feedback. Best thing you can hope for is continuing to renew the trial license and hope someone will get back to you. Bug fixes happen at the developer's whim, not any regular or scheduled periods.

Not talking smack, I love this product, as I'm still using it, I just wish there was any level of care for this product beyond initial release.

Offline Haldanite

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 02:49:11 pm »
Thanks.  I love the product as well.  I started using it 4 years ago and have loved it since.  I'll hang tight and wait for a response.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 03:22:17 pm »
@Haldanite
We've been having severe issue with our email provider. So, apologies in miscommunication that might be causing. We will work on providing an alternate email contact as moving from that provider is a bit tricky right now.

Please send me a PM with your original email and I will take a look.

Regards,

Offline Haldanite

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 07:08:01 am »
Sent the PM.

Offline Haldanite

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 12:36:24 am »
PM was sent 10 days ago; no word yet and the trial has been expired for a while now and my wife is getting annoyed that she can't access the media files stored in the T-RAID on the media server.

Offline Haldanite

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 10:17:28 pm »
OK, so it has been almost 20 days since I sent the PM and no response even with an additional PM sent so I had to go another route with a different program.  Sad to leave T-Raid after 4 years of using the product, but I really needed to get my system back up and running.  The software is good and I wish the best in future development; who knows maybe I'll come back again some time.  Please feel free to close this post.  Thanks.

Offline asian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 03:07:39 am »
May i ask which product did you go with.

Offline factor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 07:47:22 pm »
I'm not getting any responses from from support either.

Even their contact page doesn't let you e-mail them because the captcha service they use is expired:
http://www.flexraid.com/contact-us/

If that's not a bad sign, I don't know what is.

I'm going with stablebit drivepool + snapraid.

Offline Duz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 05:50:49 pm »
Similar issue. I didn't even replace any hardware but had to re-install Windows fresh. Now it doesn't recognize my license key. No response from sales in over a month. Pretty disappointing.

Offline efishta

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2018, 03:08:34 pm »
Similar issue. I didn't even replace any hardware but had to re-install Windows fresh. Now it doesn't recognize my license key. No response from sales in over a month. Pretty disappointing.

Last evening I had a Windows server BSOD on the VM where I run FlexRAID. I did not want to have to reinstall as I've already had to buy a second license (of t-raid, already have one for raid-f... so make that 3 paid for licenses already) a few years back after they refused to renew the first one... which is unheard of in the software world - you buy once, you keep using it. It's the same storage server and same data, motherboards die off, drives die off, OS' become corrupt and obsolete. ..If you're going to limit initial purchases to specific versions, so be it, but at least allow me me use the old, unsupported version for an unlimited time. By limiting licenses they are forcing obsoleteness upon their non-existent customer base.  Shameful behavior.

Can you imagine if Office 2013 stopped being able to be reinstalled after your HDD or motherboard dies... or... because it's now 2018 and the developer has decided he wants to just make more money via forced obsolescence? Of course not, it's insane.

So trying to avert a FOURTH MONETARY EXPENDITURE ON FLEXRAID I spent several hours troubleshooting the BSOD instead of just blowing the OS install, reinstalling FlexRAID and being back to work - something which is possible with LITERALLY every single alternative product.

It's sad that Brahim has decided to neglect this product, but he comes across as being very lackadaisical and myopic about what it takes to support a software product, any product really, but especially one that pretends to protect its users' data. It's a hell of a gamble to place on a wholly unsupported DATA PROTECTION product.

My take is that he tried to monetize this too quickly, got burned out quickly and only surreptitiously responds to a random forum post or two, just to keep the license renewal money coming in...

SAD state at FlexRAID...

Even sadder is I'm looking at alternatives - UNRAID seems pretty sweet.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 04:11:54 pm by efishta »

Offline asian

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2018, 11:33:57 pm »
Great Email.

Also went with Unraid not mad about it but at least the forum is always help full.

And it works well.

I must say it is sad that Flexraid is busy dying was and still is a great product.

Offline TheCodeMan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2018, 04:02:30 pm »
I'm hoping this isn't the case as I have been with FlexRAID for a long time and very much depend on it. I am now in the same boat as I had to uninstall and reinstall on the same PC with the same hardware and my purchase activation key doesn't appear to be working. I've reached out to support, hopefully I'll get a response.