Author Topic: Huge .@RECYCLER$ Folder  (Read 188 times)

Offline CakeOD

• View Profile
Huge .@RECYCLER$ Folder
« on: August 31, 2018, 08:41:30 am »
I'm running FlexRaid on Windows Server 2012 with about 11TB of storage pooled.  I was recently moving some files around while connected to the storage pool from another PC on my network when I noticed the pool was nearly out of space.  I deleted 50GB or so of files I no longer needed, expecting that to clear up some space.  However, it did not.  I cleared my Recycle Bin to make sure that wasn't the cause but still nothing. 

I remoted into my FlexRaid server and ran an app called WinDirStat to help determine what files were taking up the most space on the storage pool.  After it scanned I noticed a folder named .@RECYCLER$ that was 2.8TB in size.  Oddly, this folder is not visible in Windows Explorer even with hidden/system files visible.  I checked the Recycle Bin on the server and it was empty.

I suspect the files I have been deleting when connected to the storage pool from another PC have been collecting in this folder.   Is this folder used by FlexRaid?  Have I configured something wrong?    How do I clear it?  I've been using FlexRaid for several years and this is the first time I have run into this issue.

Offline wirerogue

• View Profile
Re: Huge .@RECYCLER$ Folder
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 07:38:16 pm »
i'm assuming you are running raid-f.

that folder is normal when you have "Enable Recycle Bin Mode: True" in your run-time properties.

however, it should delete the files after a successful update.

Offline Torumaki

• View Profile
Re: Huge .@RECYCLER$ Folder
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 03:26:00 am »
These things that you are talking about are something we are very interested in, which requires more knowledge.