Author Topic: How do I identify a UoR?  (Read 389 times)

Offline Vayne

• View Profile
How do I identify a UoR?
« on: August 31, 2018, 01:49:08 pm »
I'm trying to troubleshoot some problems with my tRAID setup, which I'm fairly sure come down to one or more disks having died, however none are reporting as failed. The array consists of 12x 3tb drives, 2 as PPUs and 10 as DRUs, and one of the problems is that when I try and verify or sync the array it almost immediately fails with the following:

Code: [Select]
Error Code = -1073741662

Operation aborted!

Operation aborted due to disk error!

Failed UoR position = 7

Failed UoR ID = 1000000008

Since that looks like an obvious place to start checking drive integrity, I'd really like to find which drive is in UoR position 7 so I can run a more detailed analysis on it and potentially replace it, but I'm not sure how I find out which drive that is. Can anyone help?

Offline Skirge01

• View Profile
Re: How do I identify a UoR?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 02:55:26 pm »
I know we're on our own here, so I'm hoping reviving this thread might bring some additional eyes to it.  I'm having an identical problem and I can't figure out any way to determine what the UoR position or UoR ID of any of my disks is.

Anyone?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 02:58:23 pm by Skirge01 »

Offline cogliostrio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 09:09:36 am »
Depending on how you have labeled your drives under "display names" in the configuration. You can expand "physical drives", and look under "open/view details", and then again under the "smart details". There you can find the serial number of your drives, which is usually printed on your physical drive.

Offline Skirge01

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 10:48:04 am »
Thanks for the reply, but that's not the number I'm looking for.  I'm looking for the same kind of info Vayne was:

Code: [Select]
Failed UoR position = 7

Failed UoR ID = 1000000008

Neither of those are serial numbers.  tRAID assigns these numbers somehow, somewhere, but I've been unable to find them referenced anywhere in the application.