Author Topic: Moving disks and license to new server cant register  (Read 2220 times)

Offline John.nelson

• View Profile
Moving disks and license to new server cant register
« on: July 20, 2015, 05:09:47 am »
I followed this so simple guide  http://wiki.flexraid.com/2012/05/04/licensing-hardware-changes-and-license-transfer/
 but i cant even follow it since the page do not accept my pathway to my hardrive Operation error is so fun to read everytime. And i still have my key on my mail and on backup but since flexraid refuses to accept it . System is windows 7 x64 pro and im using FlexRAID-2.0-Final_u11e and i have tried c:\   \\c:\foldername and every possible combo i can think about.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 05:13:51 am by John.nelson »

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Moving disks and license to new server cant register
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 09:31:48 am »
You need to type in the full path to the file that will be created (C:\pre-registration.txt).

Offline John.nelson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 10:09:35 am »
Ive have tried that and still only get operational error

Offline John.nelson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 10:18:33 am »
And i cant even register an account on customer portal this is getting really tiresome

http://imgur.com/IpLVqVn

i have tried    (C:\pre-registration.txt).

(C:\pre-registration.txt)

C:\pre-registration.txt

And still the same operaztion error.....
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 10:32:53 am by John.nelson »

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 10:48:08 am »
1. You need to input in your purchase code. That is the code you got through email and NOT the content of the license file.

2. Given that screenshot, "Save to directory" means an actual directory that exists. Just the path to the directory.
Try that and attach the error you are getting then as well as the logs.

I think the first mistake is what got you to circle around.

Offline John.nelson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 10:58:08 am »
Yeah but i already tried using the now 3 year old code and it did not accept it so after that i tried my serial. But now it finaly took the code and activated still to much trouble just to reactivate an old storage pool

Offline John.nelson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 10:04:31 am »
Why is the consumer portal totaly impossible to register and account on or get back an old account this is really beginning to stink ive have tried getting back the old account i have the same mail as before and after that i tried creating a new account and no go there either is this some evil plan to make everything so complicated so we will just give up and buy a new license

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 10:18:02 am »
You would do best clearly stating what issue you are having. Things are always 10 times more complex once you frustrate yourself.
If you forgot your password, there is an option to request a reset on that very login screen. Your email history should also provide you with info if you ever registered.
If you can't remember both your username and email, then email sales with your purchase code and explain the situation.

Also, how did you manage to transfer your license if you aren't able to log into the consumer portal?

Offline John.nelson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 10:38:07 am »
I was mistaken that the move was complete and as i wrote earlier i cant get back my old account if even had one Invalid login then i try forgetten password and i try the only usernames i have used here both get Invalid login so i cant get back into that account. Then i try to register a new one and now that finaly worked before i only got errors but now i was able to finaly login to the consumer portal and follow the last steps but after trying the transfer license i get stuck once again    We are unable to auto-grant this transfer request! Please contact sales@flexraid.com     This should not be this impossble to get to work...