Author Topic: Private Support Group? Any interest?  (Read 228 times)

Offline Skirge01

• View Profile
Private Support Group? Any interest?
« on: March 18, 2019, 12:08:42 pm »
I'm getting sick and tired of all the spam (over 200 just today, by a single user).  I'm doing my best to pop in here on some regularity and help the remaining users, but the spam is pissing me off to the point that I'm not sure I want to keep returning here.  I'm considering starting a private Facebook group for us.  I despise FB, but I can't deny that it's probably the easiest place to migrate to until (if?) Brahim returns.  It will be 100% user supported.  I am not a programmer and am definitely no expert on this software.  I am not promising anything other than a place for all of us to talk and try to help each other, without spam.

If just 10 people express interest, the I'll create it and post the info back here.  Reply to this thread if you have any interest.  I'll leave this up for 30 days and if there aren't 10 responses by that time, I'll assume there aren't enough of us left to warrant such a thing.

Offline gwpt

• View Profile
Re: Private Support Group? Any interest?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 05:47:22 am »
Hi, i think it's a great idea. im on a few closed FB groups and it works quite well

Offline gwpt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 05:48:13 am »
59 views and Im the only reply?? Come on guys, let's try and keep this thing alive!

Offline Skirge01

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 10:02:55 pm »
56 views may have come from xalitoltt, that hell-spawned spammer.   ;D  All I can do is kind of laugh about it at this point.  I just don't come here as often any longer.  Thanks for expressing interest, though.  We'll see if anyone else comes along.

Offline Tommyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 09:46:33 pm »
I'm kinda sitting idle and waiting at this point... Kind of in the "if its not broken, don't mess with it" stage...
I'd say make it, just in case this site dies. At least some of us will have a resource for figuring out how to migrate off flexraid or ask questions.

Offline fraky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 07:47:20 am »
great idea, i'm in

Offline cogliostrio

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 02:50:11 am »
As it is, with the developer gone and now the forum is overrun with spam and unusable. It is rather foolish to rely on this software to take care of any data. At some point it will stop working. Weather it is due to hardware failure/upgrades that makes you have to transfer or upgrade your license, or due to software upgrades on your OS that will render it broken.

Right now the software works, and as many others I intend to let it run for as long as I can. But the only way forward to keep your data safe, is a plan to migrate all your data somewhere else. The only thing I would see any point to, is to perhaps start listing up alternatives, and helping people migrate data off to other solutions.

Im not sure Brahim coming back would even change anything, after all this time, there is just no trust here anymore.

Offline Skirge01

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 02:59:11 pm »
Oh well.  Only 3 people expressed interest, so I'm locking this thread.  It was an idea, but clearly there aren't enough of us left and I can't blame those who did.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 03:01:12 pm by Skirge01 »