Author Topic: Early adopters needed for new RAID-F build (Windows and Linux)  (Read 33796 times)

Offline lefteris82

• View Profile
Re: Early adopters needed for new RAID-F build (Windows and Linux)
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2015, 03:04:30 am »
Logged into your machine and confirmed the issue. A fix will be implemented for the next build.

Brahim thank you!  Looking forward for the next build.
Testing F-RAID 2.1 on Windows 10 Pro x64
Using
NODE 304 | Core i3 | 4GB |
6TB parity
6TB+6TB+3TB data

Offline radio1one

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2015, 04:10:59 am »
Hi Brahim,

I've also successfully upgraded one of my machines to 2.1, and now about to upgrade to Windows 10.

I know you've fixed the bug, but I also too have run into the issue of the pool auto-start not saving.

Thanks!

Offline radio1one

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2015, 04:27:35 am »
Scratch that last post of mine - have run into a bit of a showstopper.

I went to reboot my machine to prepare for the Windows 10 upgrade, and when I logged back in, my FlexRAID was not starting the pool because of a "License Exception: Is the feature you are trying to use licensed?" message when I headed into the configuration.

So I reset the activation again, activated, and I could start my pool (with another issue I noticed, mentioned below). So, acting on a hunch, I restarted again, and yep - license exception again. I won't try activating again until you can get another build out fixing the issue (and, by the by, can I get you to reset my activations for this workstation back to what it was before I installed 2.1 so I can get the correct number of activations attributed to the purchase code - PM me!)

As well, I noticed that upgrading had also changed the volume name in Explorer - instead of being my custom 'megaraid' volume name, it now reads 'FlexRAID Storage Pool'.

Offline shadow5555

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2015, 09:26:34 am »
@shadow5555
Yeah, you need a license for that new system. The original system activated back in 2012 is not the same one being currently activated.

i have also tried my purchase code from earlier this year and iam not able to activate that as well. So you are telling me I am going to have to buy yet another license when I already have two that arent going to work with your new build code for windows 10.........? So you are telling me I will have two purchase that are worthless and I cant use them now and have to pay more money.......? Why would you not be able to transfer my license when this is clearly a issue with your new  build code. I am able to activate BOTH licenses fine under windows 7 and 8 . From looking at forum for this build currently it sounds like others are having activation issues as well and have to use a trial ver until this issue is resolved.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2015, 10:19:51 am »
@shadow5555
Issues for each of your licenses must be addressed specifically. Please email sales if you need things sorted out. They should be able to tell you which license belongs to which system. It could well be that you have the license switched up and you might even be able to do a license transfer.
When I personally looked into the one license you PM'ed me about, it was definitely not for the system being activated.
You can also label your licenses in the consumer portal to better keep track of them.

Having to re-activate with this new build is basically a known issue at this point, and there is no fix for it. The first post will be updated to make this clear.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2015, 10:45:13 am »
New build up (see first post)

Code: [Select]
- Fixed issues with settings not persisting.
- Made changes to better handle configuration import with auto fallback to meta data import when serialization import fails

Offline lefteris82

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2015, 10:51:39 am »
I 'll install it and report feedback!
Using
6TB parity
6TB+6TB+3TB data

Offline lefteris82

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2015, 11:00:45 am »
The new link is for the Transparent RAID.
Using
6TB parity
6TB+6TB+3TB data

Offline sloth0815

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2015, 12:06:58 pm »
You cannot get the previous error if you deleted the flxr.ser file as instructed.
Well, the flxr.ser file has definitively been deleted from the PPU. Still not working.
What should I do now?

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2015, 01:20:16 pm »
The new link is for the Transparent RAID.
Fixed. Please re-download.

Well, the flxr.ser file has definitively been deleted from the PPU. Still not working.
What should I do now?
Give the new build a try.

Offline lefteris82

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2015, 01:31:56 pm »
Well... Installed the new build, the save option "automatically start the pool" now remains after a restart BUT it's not starting because of the license exception message as above (License exception: is the feature you are trying to use licensed?"

I enter my purchase key and it starts.
Using
6TB parity
6TB+6TB+3TB data

Offline sloth0815

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2015, 01:33:11 pm »
Ok, I realized that the flxr.meta file was empty. With the ".bak" suffix removed from flxr.meta.bak the configuration is imported.
Storage pool is not working so far. Maybe I am just missing it but where do I find the storage pool options (start storage pool, change drive letter, etc.).

Cheers,
Jonas

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 02:14:06 pm by sloth0815 »

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2015, 02:24:00 pm »
Well... Installed the new build, the save option "automatically start the pool" now remains after a restart BUT it's not starting because of the license exception message as above (License exception: is the feature you are trying to use licensed?"

I enter my purchase key and it starts.
I will be fixing this issue in the next build.

Ok, I realized that the flxr.meta file was empty. With the ".bak" suffix removed from flxr.meta.bak the configuration is imported.
Storage pool is not working so far. Maybe I am just missing it but where do I find the storage pool options (start storage pool, change drive letter, etc.).

Cheers,
Jonas
http://wiki.flexraid.com/2013/05/11/how-to-install-and-setup-flexraid-on-your-windows-storage-system/

Offline shadow5555

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2015, 03:57:02 pm »
I have spoken to sales support and there are no help what so ever on transferring or helping me fix my licensing issues since there seems to be issues on what ones are activate and not. Essentially they are telling me i have to buy a new license, so let me get this straight when ever anyone does hardware upgrades , or changes systems you expect us to buy a new license each time....... how does this even make any logical sense with how often anyone that uses a nas type system would do pc refreshes.....  I know for a fact my licenses are good on windows 7 and 8 machines I have even gone and verified that fact again. As you have stated there is a known issue with activations in new build. Do i need to wait for a new build release and just use the trial 21day solution for now, or is there other issues that need to be addressed? Please let me know what I need to do.

Thanks

By the way my first impressions besides activation/license issues seems to be running alot better and more fluid.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2015, 07:23:04 pm »
@shadow5555
This is really not the place to resolve license issues. Keep communication with sales for a resolution.
From what I understand, you have a license that was refunded to you, one that's tied to a system you decommissioned, and one that is still active on a system, which is not the system you are trying to activate. So, one usable license and two active systems.

Let's keep this thread to technical issues regarding this release.