Author Topic: Online activation: INVALID_PRODUCT_CODE  (Read 1424 times)

Offline magnitudo9

• View Profile
Online activation: INVALID_PRODUCT_CODE
« on: September 23, 2015, 05:31:39 am »
Hi I've migrated my system from windows server 2008R2 to Centos 7, I've saved a backup of my files on a NAS and reformatted disks following wiki.
After installation, when I go to activate my license using Online activation I insert the purchease code that I received by mail, but the software gives me an error "Invalid request!" (I attach a screenshot).

this is my log:

[2015-09-23 12:16:07,125] ERROR doOnlineRegistration(42) - INVALID_PRODUCT_CODE
[2015-09-23 12:16:07,125] ERROR doOnlineRegistration(248) - RuntimeException: INVALID_PRODUCT_CODE
java.lang.RuntimeException: RuntimeException: INVALID_PRODUCT_CODE
   at com.tchegbe.nzfs.ui.server.op.NZFSLicenseOperations.doOnlineRegistration(NZFSLicenseOperations.java:42)
   at com.tchegbe.nzfs.ui.server.rpc.NZFSServiceImpl.doOnlineRegistration(NZFSServiceImpl.java:248)
   at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invoke(Method.class)
   at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:208)
   at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:248)
   at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.doPost(AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.java:62)
   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:547)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1359)
   at com.tchegbe.lib.gwt.server.servlet.SecurityFilter.doFilter(SecurityFilter.java:30)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1330)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:478)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:225)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:941)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:409)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:186)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:875)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerList.handle(HandlerList.java:47)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:110)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:349)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:441)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:936)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:801)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:224)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.BlockingHttpConnection.handle(BlockingHttpConnection.java:50)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.bio.SocketConnector$ConnectorEndPoint.run(SocketConnector$.java:245)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:598)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:533)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.class)

Can anyone helps me ?

Offline magnitudo9

• View Profile
Re: Online activation: INVALID_PRODUCT_CODE
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 05:37:31 am »
Now also fails the 21 days trial  :o

Offline cogliostrio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 07:20:10 am »
Sounds like you have bought a windows lincense, that your now trying to activate on linux?

If so, you should probably read this wiki page:
http://wiki.flexraid.com/2012/05/04/licensing-hardware-changes-and-license-transfer/

Offline magnitudo9

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 08:01:17 am »
Also, note that transfers between Windows and Linux are not allowed.
I do not think this is correct, I have the same hardware and the backup process lasted several days and only now I find out that my license can not be used on the new operating system?!? This makes no sense! I bought a license linked to the node and I did not know that it was also linked to the operating system, and also the license transfer does not work!!!

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 09:34:43 am »
@magnitudo9
The licenses are indeed platform specific. Developing for and supporting each platform has it own cost. As stated somewhere else, we intended to charge more for the Linux licenses, but decided otherwise in favor of simplify the purchase page.

Offline magnitudo9

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 10:07:57 am »
@Brahim
I understand your opinion and I am also a developer but when I bought the license the support to Linux system was poor so I installed it on Windows environment, now that the support is more mature want to switch to Linux, but I thiks that it's no right to pay again for a license.