Author Topic: Windows Server Client Computer Backup service not working with Flexraid 2.1  (Read 972 times)

Offline mpm131

• View Profile
I recently upgrade from FlexRAID-2.0-Final_u12c to FlexRAID-2.1-Final-2015-09-25.  Everything seemed to work well until I noticed that my client PC's were no longer backing up to my Flexraid drive.  I know that upgrading to 2.1 is the issue because when I downgrade from Flexraid version 2.1 back to 2.0, the Back up service runs with out out issue.  With 2.1 the Windows Server Client Computer Backup service seems to get confused and stops running. Has anyone had the same issue or know how to help.  It seems like it would be an easy fix?

I am running Flexraid (Raid-F) on a Window Homer Server 2011 machine.  I currently have Flexraid 2.1 installed.  Everything else seems to be working correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Offline JohnL

• View Profile
FWIW, I had problems quite some time ago when I was storing my backups on the raid array. I changed the backups to have them stored on a drive that is not part of the raid array and it's been working fine ever since. BTW, I'm using snapshot raid, primarily for media files.

Offline mpm131

• View Profile
Thanks JohnL.  I managed to fix the issue by re-creating the array.  Everything seems to be in working order now.  Not sure what happened during the upgrade to 2.1.

Mike