Author Topic: Failed File and RAID statistics Ubuntu 14.04  (Read 900 times)

Offline Airless

• View Profile
Failed File and RAID statistics Ubuntu 14.04
« on: January 26, 2016, 10:05:37 pm »
I've been testing out tRAID and for the most part am happy with it. However, I haven't been able to get either the RAID statistics or File statistics working after numerous attempts and trying all of the suggestions that I've found on the server.

To preface this I have enabled File Statistics and RAID statistics on my pool and have restarted my system a few times since.

RAID Statistics
Under the RAID Monitoring tab all of the values are sitting at 0 and I have an error at the bottom under the Error Log Console that reads:
The device for which the operation was requested was not found!

I haven't found a whole lot of information on debugging issues with the RAID statistics so I'm not sure where to go from here. I have looked at the results of the Forensic plugin. After clicking through Get Hosts -> GTT(ID=1) -> tRAID(ID=2) it just shows an empty JSON (I assume) array on a black background. In case it's relevant the host in this install is named GTT.

Any ideas or specific logs I should look at for hints?

File Statistics
With this issue I have a bit more information. In addition to enabling File Statistics on my pool I have also configured the File Statistics task to run daily. Whether I run the scheduled task manually or wait for the scheduled time to occur the statistics don't execute properly.

From the WebUI side of things, when I manually run the task, the task immediately changes to Status BLOCKED and creates another File Statistics task with the status COMPLETE. The task with the status COMPLETE also has some hash under the Job Configuration column (Ex: MT-21k7qpi1ajp44)

Checking the NZFSWebUI.log file I see the following suspicious lines:
Code: [Select]
[2016-01-26 20:59:03,946] INFO  executeAction(363) - Executing File Statistics for tRAID
[2016-01-26 20:59:03,971] WARN  executeAction(363) - File Statistics not run for tRAID as RAID configuration object could not be found!

The log output isn't always consistent. Sometimes I get:
Code: [Select]
[2016-01-26 21:07:58,135] INFO  executeAction(363) - Executing File Statistics for tRAID
[2016-01-26 21:08:01,997] WARN  executeAction(363) - FileStatisticsJob::Runnable IOException => Socket read error! Less than HEADER_SIZE bytes read for data length...
[2016-01-26 21:08:02,018] ERROR executeAction(363) - Connection refused
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.class)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.class)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.class)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.class)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.class)
at com.tchegbe.nzfs.ui.server.net.NZFSSocketClient.init(NZFSSocketClient.java:225)
at com.tchegbe.nzfs.ui.server.net.NZFSSocketClient.execute(NZFSSocketClient.java:225)
at com.tchegbe.nzfs.ui.server.util.NZFSHostHelper.getResponse(NZFSHostHelper.java:107)
at com.tchegbe.nzfs.ui.server.util.NZFSHostHelper.getDiskVolumesByDiskID(NZFSHostHelper.java:107)
at com.tchegbe.nzfs.ui.server.op.NZFSDiskOperations.getVolumesByDiskID(NZFSDiskOperations.java:757)
at com.tchegbe.nzfs.ui.server.job.FileStatisticsJob.executeAction(FileStatisticsJob.java:363)
at com.tchegbe.nzfs.ui.server.job.BaseNZFSJob.execute(BaseNZFSJob.java:86)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:216)
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:549)
[2016-01-26 21:08:10,252] WARN  run(107) - Connection refused
[2016-01-26 21:08:10,272] WARN  run(107) - Connection refused
[2016-01-26 21:08:10,273] WARN  run(107) - Connection refused
[2016-01-26 21:08:40,273] WARN  run(107) - Connection refused

This most recent type of error also causes Ubuntu to show an OS level error dialog. Collecting the info to report the problem to Ubuntu I get these details:

In terms of the dashboard in the WebUI I was just getting a blank screen as if the File Statistics had never been run but since the second error listed above started appearing in the logs I can see some data in the Dashboard tab but none of it is populated. (don't mind the small HDDs, these are for testing before I migrate the real server over to tRAID :))

I've tried the solutions listed in this thread (resetting the scheduler, recreating tasks, etc..): http://forum.flexraid.com/index.php?topic=4007.0
I've also tried a full format and re-install of the system multiple times. Same issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. These are some of the last hurdles to overcome before I feel comfortable moving my storage over to tRAID from my aging WHS setup.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Failed File and RAID statistics Ubuntu 14.04
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 04:16:38 pm »
Hi please add a bug entry on bug.flexraid.com.
Add all log files including your kernel log files.
Thanks.

Offline Airless

• View Profile
Re: Failed File and RAID statistics Ubuntu 14.04
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 09:01:01 am »
Thanks Brahim. Bug logged, let me know if you need more info.
http://bug.flexraid.com/view.php?id=418