Author Topic: Reconnect Shares killed after latest update?  (Read 1858 times)

Offline Mondo

• View Profile
Reconnect Shares killed after latest update?
« on: February 10, 2016, 08:10:13 pm »
After updating FlexRAID to the latest version I get this window instead of the old Server shares window

Also the new version has renamed the storage pool FlexRAID Storage Pool instead of just FlexRAID as it was previously. Not sure how to fix that as I can't find it in the documentation but I must have done it originally.

As this is a WHS2011 installation, the shares I create on the drive have to be mirrored on the dashboard. Question is - why break something that was working perfectly well?

I note I still have the old reconnect file (ReconnectShares_class1_0) in my Flexraid program directory but that it just ignores it. Is there some way to get back the old behaviour?

thanks
Norco RPC-4224 4U Rackmount Case (24 Hotswap Bays) | Supermicro X9SCM-F Motherboard (four PCI-E 8x slots @ 8x/8x/4x/4x)|4Gi RAM  | Core i3-2100 |2 x Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 SAS Controller | Corsair TX650v2 PSU | Currently 12 TB array, 2 TB parity | WHS 2011

Offline Newhaven

• View Profile
Reconnect Shares killed after latest update?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 07:58:51 pm »
Tick "Enable Server UI".
System Control Panel》System Toolbox》Enable Server UI

Offline Mondo

• View Profile
Re: Reconnect Shares killed after latest update?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 08:03:32 pm »
Did that and it made no difference - thanks for trying...

Next step - blow away the config and start from scratch.
Norco RPC-4224 4U Rackmount Case (24 Hotswap Bays) | Supermicro X9SCM-F Motherboard (four PCI-E 8x slots @ 8x/8x/4x/4x)|4Gi RAM  | Core i3-2100 |2 x Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 SAS Controller | Corsair TX650v2 PSU | Currently 12 TB array, 2 TB parity | WHS 2011

Offline mkurt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 04:10:53 pm »
Hello,

I am having the same problem. The initial shares are shared, the created pool is shared The "Backup Storage Pool Shares" button is selected. On restart, the pool is no longer shared.

Any help would be appreciated. Using Windows 7 on the Flexraid computer.

Thanks!

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 04:10:21 am »
Tick "Enable Server UI".
System Control Panel》System Toolbox》Enable Server UI
+1

Also, refresh the browser to see the changes take effect.

Offline mkurt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 11:16:08 am »
"enable server UI" is checked (made sure of this because of Mondo's post above). I believe it was checked by default. At any rate, it is selected, yet my shares are never shared when my server computer restarts. Appreciate your help to get this sorted out.

mark

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 11:26:47 am »
"enable server UI" is checked (made sure of this because of Mondo's post above). I believe it was checked by default. At any rate, it is selected, yet my shares are never shared when my server computer restarts. Appreciate your help to get this sorted out.

mark

This topic discusses only how to re-enable the "old" configuration UI.
The new way of sharing is to create the shares on the pool disk directly and then backup that configuration through the RAID-F Web UI.

Offline mkurt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 02:15:36 pm »
yes...I have done that and still the shares are not saved when computer is restarted.

I have shared the folders themselves using Explorer, I have shared the drives using Explorer and I have shared the pool using Explorer after creation and then pressed the "Backup Storage Pool Shares" button in the GUI.

All is good. I can go to a different machine and view all shared files. Restart the Flexraid computer and the shared pool is now not shared.

Anything else I could try sir?

Thanks,
Mark
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 02:17:28 pm by mkurt »

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 02:37:42 pm »
The new way only supports shares created on the pool disk. Shares created on folders on the pool disks are not backed up; and hence, why some users prefer to revert back to the old shares configuration UI.

Offline mkurt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2016, 08:40:46 am »
So please tell me exactly how I go about sharing my pool? How do I do " shares created on the pool disk"? This somewhat confuses me.  :-\
Should I drop back to Rev 2.0 to do what I want?
By the way, I am using expert mode for my raid configuration, if that makes a difference.

Thank you,
Mark
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 08:43:19 am by mkurt »