Author Topic: FlexRAID 2.0 Final Update 7  (Read 59981 times)

Offline dscline

• View Profile
Re: FlexRAID 2.0 Final
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 08:41:06 am »
I guess this is the proper place to ask... when I upgrade, I presume all my expression scripts will be retained?  I have to assume they are part of the config and carry over just like the rest of the config.  But I have 45 of them, and if I had to start from scratch I would probably cry like a little girl.  So figured I should at least confirm.   :)
WHS 2011
tRAID final 23 DRUs 2PPUs
Supermicro C2SEA, Q9505s (stock), 4GB
Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8
IBM m1015 flashed to LSI 9211-8i/IT + HP SAS Expander
Generic SiI3132

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 09:27:19 am »
Am I meant to enter the 'purchase code' or 'registration key' when installing FR? I used the purchase code because I hadn't received the email with the registration key yet, and everything installed fine. Now that I'm trying to start my storage pool, I get this message "Operation Failure - License Exception: Is the feature you are trying to use licensed?"

Which license did you buy?
The purchase code is what you enter to register the software.

I guess this is the proper place to ask... when I upgrade, I presume all my expression scripts will be retained?  I have to assume they are part of the config and carry over just like the rest of the config.  But I have 45 of them, and if I had to start from scratch I would probably cry like a little girl.  So figured I should at least confirm.   :)
Yeah, they will carry over.
Really 45 scripts?
Anything you could think of as feature request (that would take over some of those scripts)?
Feel free to enter the request on Mantis.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 09:31:17 am by Brahim »

Offline swhitmore

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 09:29:27 am »
Which license did you buy?
The purchase code is what you enter to register the software.

Storage Pool Only Licence

Update: I tried reinstalling. No luck :(
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 09:31:18 am by swhitmore »

Offline 580guy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 09:33:45 am »

I just did the upgrade.  Initially, I chose to import an existing configuration and pointed FlexRAID to my PPU drive for flxr.meta.  It imported my DRU's fine, but checking my exclusions: they were not there.  So, stopped the service, and copied my backup of FlexRAID-Config.db and then re-started the FlexRAID service, and all is fine.
Lenovo TS-440 13x2TB 1XSSD | Sans Digital TR5M-B eSATA 5 x 2TB | MediaSonic HF2-SU2S2 eSATA 4 x 2TB | WHS 2011 |Stablebit Drivepool |Stablebit Scanner| FlexRAID 2.0 Snapshot RAID|

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 09:53:01 am »
Storage Pool Only Licence

Update: I tried reinstalling. No luck :(

Hmm... very strange.
I just double checked the code and don't see why that would be.
Sending you a PM.

Offline Cassius

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 09:57:09 am »
Please edit the Locale.js file in your install dir and change the local there.
I will update the wiki shortly.

Ok, thanks.

I just installed flexraid. Brand new system with 6x 2Tb drives.

Left it calculating the parity overnight. It took almost 9hours to complete 6TB of data. Everything went smoothly.

I just got a warning of memory leak detected 1 of 17. Should I be worried?

By the way, is this the right place to ask about problems?

Offline dscline

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 10:27:50 am »
Really 45 scripts?
Anything you could think of as feature request (that would take over some of those scripts)?
Feel free to enter the request on Mantis.
They are because of the partial validates and verifies I'm doing.  So in a sense, I already have a feature request logged for some automatic health monitoring, these are just my manual workaround in the mean time.  ;)  But part of them are a duplication in a sense, since, (if I understand correctly) each script can only "do" one thing.  I validate 1/7th of my data every day.  I also defrag 1/7th of my drives each day, and I don't want the defrag to start until FlexRAID is done with it's nightly processing.  To the best of my knowledge, I can't have a single script that runs a validate, THEN runs an outside command.  At the end of the validate script, I have to have an "@success" command that then calls another script that starts that day's defrag (rather than have that all rolled into one script).  So I have 14 "day of the week" scripts, rather than 7.  I also verify 1/31 of my data every day of the month, which is where the other 31 scripts come from.
WHS 2011
tRAID final 23 DRUs 2PPUs
Supermicro C2SEA, Q9505s (stock), 4GB
Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8
IBM m1015 flashed to LSI 9211-8i/IT + HP SAS Expander
Generic SiI3132

Offline AIstudio

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 11:59:42 am »
WOW great stuff Brahim  :D.

Uninstalled my old Flexraid, re booted the server, Installed V2 Final. Asked for my code which I put in and I am all good to go.  ;D

Many MANY thanks for this, will do some initial testing to get the best settings for my system as I havent done that since quite an old version and it has changed quite a lot.

Regards

Kev
Server: Windows 7 x64 with SP1
Core i7 920 system with 4Gb of Ram.
Nvidia GForce 8800GT
Case Supermicro 846TQ-R900B Case Black 4U with 24x3.5@ SAS/SATA Bays 900W PSU.
2 x Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8's
18 hard drives in there at the mo
6 x 2Tb
7 x 1.5Tb
5 x 1Tb

2 x 2Tb External drives for my PPU's

Offline nate1280

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 01:16:52 pm »
Went through and purchased a storage pooling license, received the purchase code (thank you!)

Installed 2.0 final, entered the code, seems to have activated, but when i try to start the pool i get the error "Operation Failure - License Exception: Is the feature you are trying to use licensed?"

When I goto add new configuration, it seems I can only add a snapshot raid? not a storage pool.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 01:25:07 pm »
Went through and purchased a storage pooling license, received the purchase code (thank you!)

Installed 2.0 final, entered the code, seems to have activated, but when i try to start the pool i get the error "Operation Failure - License Exception: Is the feature you are trying to use licensed?"

When I goto add new configuration, it seems I can only add a snapshot raid? not a storage pool.

Which license did you get?

Offline nate1280

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 01:25:56 pm »
Which license did you get?

I purchased a Storage Pooling license.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2012, 04:01:21 pm »
I purchased a Storage Pooling license.

Sent you a PM.

Offline viltran

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2012, 05:06:02 pm »
How long is it taking to get the reg code?, I unistalled everthing and installed the final thinking there was a timed trial so I would be ok till I got the reg code. so here I sit checking e-mail to finish my setup, really don't want to uninstall 2.0 final then install beta 14 then uninstall beta 14 and install 2.0 final :)

Offline saitoh183

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2012, 05:54:44 pm »
What am i doing wrong?
WHS 2011
Flexraid 2.0 Final
Tx raid 7 DRUs 1 PPU 3 URUs (snapshot only)
Asus P5KLP-AM EPU with E6300 + 4GB of Ram
2x Syba SD-SATA2-2E2I 4 Chnl SATA II Card
Mediasonic  HF2-SU2S2 Pro Box 4 Bay (esata)
Pooling: Stablebit Drivepool (11.5TB)

Offline NLS

• Global Moderator
  • Look ma, no hands!
    • View Profile
    • iLogic
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2012, 05:59:18 pm »
I suspect you have to fill "change password" fields first time? (which seems to also change user... Brahim you need some cleanup here)

I would try empty old user and old password and in new fields put what I want.
Just guessing.
---
NLS
Production system: SBS2011 fully patched, intel Core2 Quad, 8GB, 12 disks (1 system IDE, 1 backup IDE, 10 for array and parity most SATA3), parity is 3TB, largest data disk is 3TB, millions of smaller files, common browser Chrome latest.