Author Topic: Restore Stalled in Parity Computation Process  (Read 86 times)

Offline thperez1972

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Restore Stalled in Parity Computation Process
« on: April 16, 2019, 09:37:34 pm »
I don't get on these forums much and don't delve too much into the behind the scenes stuff so I would say I'm a flexraid novice. I have a large system, 12 dru's and 4 ppu's, all of them 3TB drives. About a week ago, one of the dru's "showed up" as missing in the drive manager. I did not have a spare 3TB drive to replace it with so I ordered a couple. While I was waiting for them to come in, I figured I would restore the files to a larger external drive. I haven't removed the missing drive.

It has gone through the matadata scanner process, the data scanner process, and the restore pre-validation process. For the past couple of days, it has stalled at 46% of the parity computation process. At some point, kaspersky popped up a warning about flexraid and suspicious application activity. My only 2 options were to restart and disinfect or try to disinfect without restarting. I've since killed kaspersky but the clock on the process has not moved. There are folders and filenames on the external drive that coorespond to what was on the drive before but none of them open. They all seem like placeholders. The external drive does have 3TB less free space than when I started this.

This is the second time I've had a drive fail, some of them were non nas drives I had on hand so I knew it was a possibility. But that's also why I used 4 ppu drives. This is also the second time I'm having issues restoring the contents of the drive.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the issue is, how I can keep this from happening again, or how I can successfully restore my data?

Offline thperez1972

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Restore Stalled in Parity Computation Process
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 05:21:29 pm »
To provide an update, I ended up rebooting the computer so I could try again with kaspersky disabled. When I rebooted, flexraid did not start. I looked a bit and found the exe file had been quarantined. I restored it and restarted. Flexraid didn't start again. I downloaded flexraid and installed it without uninstalling the previous installation then I rebooted again. That seemed to repair the installation so I didn't have to start fresh. I'm not 22% into the parity computation process. Kaspersky is not running. Hopefully I get better results.