Poll

How do you prefer the FlexRAID Web UI background logo?

Original (as is)
1 (6.7%)
Transparent as suggested by Tsurany
14 (93.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Interface: Transparant Logo  (Read 3251 times)

Offline Tsurany

• View Profile
Interface: Transparant Logo
« on: April 14, 2012, 11:04:56 am »
Hi,

Just a small feature request, the logo in the webinterface has a white background and I'd like to see that white background removed since the logo just looks wierd with the white background.
To be precise I mean "fr11.png" in "\FlexRAID 2.0\web\ExtGWT\desktop\wallpapers". The file is allready a .png so transparancy shouldn't be a problem. I edited my own to my liking and this way I find it to be much better looking since the rest of the interface is clean and slick and the standard logo looked just out of place.

Regards,

Tsurany

Offline b-earl

• View Profile
Re: Interface: Transparant Logo
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 12:37:58 pm »
+1
Server HW: Chenbro RM41416 case | Supermicro X10SLM-F + LSI SAS 9305-16i | Xeon E3-1231 v3 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC Ram
Server OS:   Windows Server 2016 (UEFI) on 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo ssd
Transparent RAID 1.1.0 2017.02.11
Backupserver: Supermicro X9SCM-F UEFI + LSI SAS9211-8i IT FW
Server OS: Win 2016

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 01:15:28 pm »
Really?
I thought the white background gave it character.
Then again, my artistic taste has been called into question in a number of occasions.  :P

We will need a poll on this one.
FYI, I voted for the original. :)

« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 01:21:32 pm by Brahim »

Offline Cassius

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 01:55:05 pm »
A Visual identity manual is a good thing to have. Otherwise your brand identity is lost.
Guidelines include use of surrounding colors, background colors, free space around logo, fonts used, logo minimum size, etc.

Take a look at this example http://images.apple.com/legal/certification/docs/logo_guidelines.pdf .

There a many logo designers that can easily do that for you. And it is not expensive!

Offline Tsurany

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 04:13:30 pm »
Really?
Then again, my artistic taste has been called into question in a number of occasions.  :P

I think it's looks a bit cheap to be honest. If i look at the Flexraid interface I see a smooth, simple and elegant interface build to be easy to look at while remaining functional at all times. The logo with the white background removes the entire unity and simplicity of the interface for me.
A poll could be usefull to see other opinions. I don't mind editing the image for myself but I think the logo stands out more without the white background.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 05:25:43 pm »
Do you have any recommendation for logo designer?
I am also looking for a web designer.

A Visual identity manual is a good thing to have. Otherwise your brand identity is lost.
Guidelines include use of surrounding colors, background colors, free space around logo, fonts used, logo minimum size, etc.

Take a look at this example http://images.apple.com/legal/certification/docs/logo_guidelines.pdf .

There a many logo designers that can easily do that for you. And it is not expensive!

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 05:30:18 pm »
I think it's looks a bit cheap to be honest. If i look at the Flexraid interface I see a smooth, simple and elegant interface build to be easy to look at while remaining functional at all times. The logo with the white background removes the entire unity and simplicity of the interface for me.
A poll could be usefull to see other opinions. I don't mind editing the image for myself but I think the logo stands out more without the white background.

To be honest, I do not interpret the white background to be part of the logo.
In my head, I associate the white background to be one with the blue background with the logo sitting on top.
So, try to imagine the background being blue with a white center and the logo on top of it.
The white center being part of the logo image is just an implementation cheat if you want to look at it that way.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:30:58 pm by Brahim »

Offline Tsurany

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 07:31:05 pm »
Ah I can see how the white is part of the wallpaper. I think it's just a matter of taste then. Maybe add an option for people to choose their own background? Some custom styles for the interface? Although that might be a lot of work without any real benifit  ;D

Offline odditory

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 07:05:45 pm »

Gotta agree 100% with Tsurany

Offline NLS

• Global Moderator
  • Look ma, no hands!
    • View Profile
    • iLogic
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 04:58:58 pm »
Really?

Definitely transparent.
---
NLS
Production system: SBS2011 fully patched, intel Core2 Quad, 8GB, 12 disks (1 system IDE, 1 backup IDE, 10 for array and parity most SATA3), parity is 3TB, largest data disk is 3TB, millions of smaller files, common browser Chrome latest.

Offline 454redhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 10:11:11 pm »
I like the transparent logo, the one that is provided above has some jagged edges and could be improved.