Author Topic: Zentyal  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Zentyal
« on: May 07, 2012, 12:02:02 pm »
Where are the Zentyal fans?

I, for one, am one. ;D

I have setup my first Zentyal install over the weekend and have become an instant convert.

For those who don't know, there is a guide on installing FlexRAID on Zentyal here: http://wiki.flexraid.com/2011/09/03/installing-flexraid-on-zentyal-server/
As per my short comments on that post:
I use Zentyal for firewall, gateway, DNS, LDAP, DHCP, and Samba services.
The interface is super easy and it is extremely powerful. Once of my favorite is the ability to manage multiple WAN addresses. I will try to post more on that later.

Zentyal provides easy configuration for a lot of cool server services.
The only thing I have found missing is reverse proxying but I can understand why.
The workaround is to simply setup port forwarding to internal reverse proxies. For my case, I have a tiny Ubuntu virtual appliance providing the reverse proxy services. Still, that's one more appliance than necessary, and it would be fantastic if Zentyal could incorporate reverse proxying.

If you ever considered Microsoft Forefront, Zentyal is a worthy alternative on top of being free and easier to configure and manage.

Offline golduck

• View Profile
Re: Zentyal
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 05:00:55 pm »
i love zentyal, and if all go ok, next week i have a esxi5 server with a virtual zentyal with 2 WAN balanced :) and flexraid storage!
Sorry for my bad english :(

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 12:33:05 pm »
i love zentyal, and if all go ok, next week i have a esxi5 server with a virtual zentyal with 2 WAN balanced :) and flexraid storage!

Nice. :)