Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Verify Sync Failure
« Last post by adridolf on Today at 05:11:17 am »
When I've run into that error before - I was just about to have a disk failure.  SMART didn't pick it up either.  The disk died a few weeks later. 

Interesting. So you actually were able to pre-detect a disk failure by file system corruption?
General Discussion / Re: Universal Recycle Bin Questions
« Last post by Method007 on March 25, 2017, 10:57:17 am »
You have to delete it yourself and I'm not aware there is an upper limit on the amount it will hold.  I just go in there and hold shift and delete whatever is in there.  Today I deleted about 200 gigs.
General Discussion / Re: Is this product dead?
« Last post by Method007 on March 25, 2017, 10:55:03 am »
Meh..  it's clear when you buy it you're on your own.  It's not like he hid that fact.  It tells you when you go to buy it that you have to pay for support.  I don't understand how that's surprising. 
General Discussion / Re: Verify Sync Failure
« Last post by Method007 on March 25, 2017, 10:38:58 am »
When I've run into that error before - I was just about to have a disk failure.  SMART didn't pick it up either.  The disk died a few weeks later. 

Other than that - make sure to run verify/sync consistently.  Really you should have your entire Raid run through at least monthly.  I have 44TB complete every 10 days. 
General Discussion / Re: Folder re-appears after deletion
« Last post by Method007 on March 25, 2017, 10:30:26 am »
In this case I mean stopping the Raid, rebooting, deleting the raid, giving the drives each a drive letter, accessing each drive (in an effort to try to figure out an unrelated issue I ran disk scan and defrag on each of the drives), remove the drive letters, reboot and rebuild the Traid from scratch.  I assumed because I was making a brand new Raid, my accessing the drives wouldn't do anything detrimental.  Let me know if I'm wrong on that.

Thank you for the reply on disabling the "Storage Pool Caching" inside of Storage Pooling Options.  Currently I have it set to "META_DATA_ONLY".  I will change this to "None" and see if that fixes the problem. 
General Discussion / Universal Recycle Bin Questions
« Last post by sgrantca on March 24, 2017, 10:37:35 pm »
I have a few questions regarding the Universal Recycle Bin in tRaid.  I know where it is located on the storage pool, how to access it, and how to enable and disable it, but I'm wondering about the following questions:

1. What is the proper procedure for purging the recycle bin contents? (is just just manually browsing to the folder and deleting?)

2. What is the naming convention for files stored in the recycle bin? I've noticed that deleted files of the same name receive numbers padded to the filename.

3. How long are files stored in the tRaid universal recycle bin until they are removed automatically? (if it is automatic?)

4. How much space will the bin use? Is it a set or configurable % of overall storage pool space?

Thanks,

Shane
General Discussion / Looking for guidance
« Last post by FrostSabre on March 24, 2017, 04:52:39 pm »
Hi all,

I've experimented with Flexraid in the past and now that I'm finally looking to retire my monstrous server I'm interested in putting together a full solution.

Basically, i've got 5 or 6 misc sized disks all crammed into what was once a normal desktop that I've been using to host everything on my network. I would like to replace this with a much smaller Windows PC that hooks into some kind of external enclosure with the drives.

Can anyone please suggest some kind of setup/hardware that I might be able to use that would still allow me to keep nightly snapshots? I've been searching around but frankly feel a little in over my head, so any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Snapshot RAID / Incorrect space shown
« Last post by Monkey3ddd on March 23, 2017, 01:14:28 pm »
So i'm digging in and trying to get my server back up to speed and it's been awhile since I messed with it so I con't remember where I left things. 

Upon boot up, windows shows I have 12.7 TB of space on the drive, but within the FR control panel it amounts to about 9ish TB, see attached.

also, disk management says there's bunch of unallocated space on the FR drive.
« Last post by MANswers on March 23, 2017, 09:53:47 am »
1. The next releases are planned for early next month. The Linux builds were the hold up as we were waiting on the release of Ubuntu 16.04.2, which just came out.

2. There are paid support options as listed on the main site if forum support level isn't what you wish for.
Those complaining of no support are those that want 24/7 support at perpetuity for free. ;)

Nobody is asking for 24/7 support for free. This is a forum, and we are here to discuss options, what else is this part of the discussion section for? if there is a certain service that requires payment i am sure most guys here will pay. I have myself paid once. Not sure why you blame members for your haitus and ignoring all the msgs.
I have paid for a license 3 days back, and havent received any updates. Pls go and check snapraid and unraid forums, people are really frustated on flexraid. And here you are blaming people cos they feel dumped?
When we are putting trust in a software that is going to manage our data/media.. that people like us collect over a large period of time, and when things fall out of place, you blame people to take advantage of your support? Where is the support? The entire internet is flooded with complains about your attitude Mr.

Go and check SnapRAID forums, the mod/developer is not greedy or slimy and has not even been charging a dime for a software he has made. And the members using it are fully volunteering for him day and night helping other folks with their issues. And here u r name shaming your paid members as freeloaders?

It looks like you just want money, but want to provide no support for a product that is breaking apart with no bug fixes for long periods of time!!
With an unprofessional attitude like this, i am sure the rest of the members will move out of flexraid soon. I think msgs like this should also be a wake up call to me. I have a lot of data to loose or will loose if i dont move out.
« Last post by Jerremy on March 23, 2017, 05:12:23 am »
2. There are paid support options as listed on the main site if forum support level isn't what you wish for.
Those complaining of no support are those that want 24/7 support at perpetuity for free. ;)

There's a difference between 24/7 support and bug fix support (or even seeing the product being developed). The last version has been released more than a year ago and it's definitely is not bug free. In the meantime you're building yet another product.

Heck if you really want money for your effort, I can actually understand, ask a small upgrade fee for the next version. Then it's up to the users to see if upgrading is worth it or not.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10