Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
RAID-F on Linux / Incorrect Storage Pool size Ubuntu
« Last post by xl3b4n0nx on Today at 07:57:28 pm »
Hello,

I have RAID-F setup in Ubuntu 14.04 and I have about 10 TB of storage across a few drives. In the web app the correct size is displayed, but in nautilus it only shows the capacity as 3.9 TB. Any ideas on why that is?

Thanks
General Discussion / Activation email not received
« Last post by OwenT on Today at 07:09:57 pm »
I paid for a Raid-F Storage pooling license on the 14th July and two weeks later I'm still waiting for the activation email. I've sent two emails to sales with no response. I've raised it with PayPal with no response from your company (granted that was only yesterday). I was hoping to avoid the forum but here I am.

My trial period has expired so my drives are no longer pooled which is knock on effecting my whole setup.

I'd appreciate if this could be resolved ASAP.

Owen
It has been implemented. However, this feature will target a different audience (only for advanced and business users).

Are we going to see this in the next release, and any indication of when that might be?  I was hoping to utilize this feature.
General Discussion / Re: What is this Error Code? (-1117)
« Last post by omniphil on July 26, 2017, 08:52:29 pm »
Okay.  ::)

Hey, your issues have nothing to do with bad sectors. What matters here is that the requirements to run tRAID is a stable system.

And I already told you I have no issues with the same hardware running storage spaces.

I still have not received my license key, please refund my money as I cannot use tRAID.

Thank you
It could be driver or the SATA controller on the mobo being bad or flaking under load.
Storage Pooling / Re: Write-Protected files in Storage Pool
« Last post by Brahim on July 26, 2017, 05:40:05 am »
Check the NTFS permissions.
The service broker logs might also have entries on the specific of what's going on. So, look there and post those log entries.
General Discussion / Re: What is this Error Code? (-1117)
« Last post by Brahim on July 26, 2017, 05:37:54 am »
Okay.  ::)

Hey, your issues have nothing to do with bad sectors. What matters here is that the requirements to run tRAID is a stable system.
Snapshot RAID / Re: Unfit for Purpose
« Last post by Brahim on July 26, 2017, 05:32:07 am »
Nothing is showing (links are broken).
General Discussion / Re: Folder re-appears after deletion
« Last post by adridolf on July 26, 2017, 04:26:33 am »
If you just put the exe somewhere and run it from command line (or powershell), it will return the possible commands:
FlexRaidBin -letter <driveletter> -on/off
> Enable (on) or disable (off) recycle bin for given drive letter

FlexRaidBin -letter <driveletter> -size <bin size in MB>
> Set recycle bin size for given drive letter to X MB

Note that you need the full path to the FlexRainBin exe. If it does not work, you forgot to install the NET Framework ;-)

So if your pool drive is K:, you would run:
"FlexRaidBin -letter K: -off" to disable the recycle bin on this drive. With -on you could enable it the same way. This obviously is independent from FlexRaid and will work for every drive where the letter actually exists. However, while drives normally keep their settings during reboot, the pool requires this after every reboot. The whole process is equivalent to uncheck/check the corresponding option in the recycle bin settings.

To have this applied automatically, you would want to use the Windows Task scheduler and create a new task:
Trigger: "At log on of any user" ("At startup" or similar won't work, as recycle bins are linked to users)
Actions: Command line from above (with full path!)
Maybe check "Allow task to be run on demand" in the Settings tab

Maybe you need an Administrator account as connected User account, I have one set there, but I don't remember whether it's required.

Have fun.
General Discussion / Re: Error: Storage pool handler initialization failure.
« Last post by MANswers on July 25, 2017, 09:37:33 pm »
try turning off removable in the advanced run time properties.

Thanks, this resolved my issue.
Is there a risk at disabling this feature? I believe it was enabled to begin with in the first place.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10