Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
News and Updates / Re: Transparent RAID (tRAID) Version 1.1 Preview release
« Last post by Brahim on November 24, 2017, 08:47:21 am »
Brahim,
thank you for the latest version. Please tell us more news or a roadmap for the future. Actually I am unsure If I will keep tRaid on my next fileserver, beginning in 2018 or 2019. The forum and flexraid project looking dead, I don't know what exactly planning in the future.

I don't know how good the newest version is tested out to avoid critical errors with my 8 TB data  :-\
Baby steps. ;)

In order of importance:
1. Refresher release updates (with all critical bugs resolved, new Linux kernels support, etc. - so we can pick back up where we left off)
2. Major improvement releases (already done - just need to be released)
3. Major re-architecture/redesign releases (to modernize all products)
4. Major product extension releases (more on this later)

ETA for refresher releases: happening now... tRAID for Linux being pushed out in the next few days
ETA for major improvement releases: likely January with beta builds out in the new few weeks...
ETA for major re-architecture/redesign releases: Spring 2018
ETA for major product extension release: no ETA... we'll see based on the beta releases

The current refresher releases were heavily tested both internally and externally by a number of users. So, these are the releases you want to be on. ;)
« Last post by harakiri on November 24, 2017, 01:35:22 am »
Brahim,
thank you for the latest version. Please tell us more news or a roadmap for the future. Actually I am unsure If I will keep tRaid on my next fileserver, beginning in 2018 or 2019. The forum and flexraid project looking dead, I don't know what exactly planning in the future.

I don't know how good the newest version is tested out to avoid critical errors with my 8 TB data  :-\
« Last post by Brahim on November 23, 2017, 08:23:33 am »
It is safe and recommended. :)
Also, hammer it and report any defect.
« Last post by adridolf on November 23, 2017, 08:14:18 am »
Is it safe to upgrade from the latest preview to the new release (2017.11.22)?

Upgrade is done by the normal procedure from the wiki?

http://wiki.flexraid.com/2013/06/27/uninstalling-or-upgrading-the-transparent-raid-host-package/

http://wiki.flexraid.com/2013/06/27/uninstalling-or-upgrading-the-transparent-raid-web-client-package/
General Discussion / Re: New Release WHEN
« Last post by Brahim on November 22, 2017, 09:26:13 am »
There will be a new tRAID release in the coming days.
A new RAID-F release is already up. If not subscribed yet, please sign up on http://news.flexraid.com for notifications.
General Discussion / Re: New Release WHEN
« Last post by NobleOne on November 21, 2017, 11:19:53 am »
I have been using 2.0 for 5 years with no issues, i recently upgraded to 2.1 and it has been a complete nightmare.

I am now stuck in a situation where i have to roll back to 2.0 and probably rebuilt my parity leaving 20TB of data at risk with no redundancy.

If you are releasing a new build or product soon we would appreciate you told us so we don't abandon this product for one with active support.
News and Updates / Re: Forum Mails sent after ages
« Last post by Brahim on November 20, 2017, 08:55:42 am »
Thanks for the notice.
News and Updates / Forum Mails sent after ages
« Last post by adridolf on November 20, 2017, 04:08:58 am »
I just received a bunch of mails notifying me about topic replies from between May and August. (I never got them in time before, but did not report so far.)

Maybe check how those mails are sent, because right now it is just annoying.
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. Now trying to rebuild but the PC seems to lockup into the parity build. Diagnosing.....
You dont leave much information for peaople to go on.

But if everything is working exept your lisence, couldnt you start a trial to get your machine up and running again?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10