Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
This is NOT working for me, on my Pooling Only (Storage Pool, no RAID) configuration.  2.1 [Snapshot 1.1 / Storage Pool 2.0] [2015.11.01]

I have 3 drives (D, E, F), no restricted volumes, Removable: true, Enable recycle bin mode: false, Pool to start automatically after 15000 ms, Pool Merge Mode: Auto-Folder-Priority, Drive Letter: Z

In Windows 7, Explorer, right-click on drive Z (on the drive, not a folder), select Share with > Advanced sharing...
Currently says Not Shared.  Click on the Advanced Sharing... button.  Check box to Share this folder.  Change Share name to Z Root, click Permissions, check Full Control, OK. OK. Close.  Windows now shows that drive Z is shared.

On other PC in network, in file explorer, go to \\MEDIA_SERVER.  A drive shows up "Z Root".  Click on it and all of the contents of my Z shared drive is there.

Back on the Media Server, go into the Storage Pool configuration, click on Server Shares tab, click on Backup Storage Pool Shares.  Would you like to backup your shares configurations?  YES.  Popup: Operation Success.  Saved.

Reboot Media Server PC.  Wait a while...wait forever...and drive Z is not shared.  It does not show the shared icon in the Media Server PC file explorer, nor is the drive accessible from any other PC on the network.

I have a similar setup, and the same issue. My pool shares are never remembered after reboot. I'm on Windows 7, and 2.1 [Snapshot 1.1 / Storage Pool 2.0] [2015.11.01].
General Discussion / Re: Registration of FlexRAID After Reinstallation
« Last post by Brahim on June 21, 2017, 03:32:03 pm »
It should be in your email history. The only way you got the purchase code was by email. It was sent to the PayPal email that made the purchase.
You can email sales at flexraid dot com to have that email resent if needed.
« Last post by McSquiggglez on June 21, 2017, 12:08:02 pm »
I don't think I have the purchase code anymore.  I definitely don't have any emails from the time I purchased the software and it doesn't appear I saved the code to my computer in any way.
« Last post by Brahim on June 20, 2017, 12:41:15 pm »
Please use the purchase code to activate your installation.
General Discussion / Registration of FlexRAID After Reinstallation
« Last post by McSquiggglez on June 19, 2017, 06:11:58 pm »
I was recently forced to reinstall a fresh instance of FlexRAID on my home PC; I have not changed my MOBO, CPU, or RAM since I first purchased my copy of FlexRAID in 2013. When I attempt to register using the license key file by copying the contents of the file "FlexRAID (RAID-F + Pooling).registration.key" I have into the window that pops up I am told the key does not exist. 

Can someone please help me or tell me what I am doing incorrectly?
tRAID on Windows / Re: "Do Nothing" vs "Create Parity" on empty raid?
« Last post by omniphil on June 19, 2017, 09:37:08 am »
It certainly looks like its creating Parity and I can see the parity drive blinking away. (I did choose Do Nothing).

But that beings up a good point, Probably would have been WAY faster to poll the drives without parity and move the data over first and then add a parity drive after, as its going to take about 20 days to move the data over currently as the speeds are only about 30MBs due to the parity calculation.
General Discussion / Re: How are you supposed to identify disks?
« Last post by omniphil on June 19, 2017, 09:32:54 am »
Yes, they are all USB3 enclosures. I haven't had any issues at all with load with either FlexRAID or Storage Spaces using USB3. I have been moving data for 2 weeks continuously to the FlexRaid and not a single issue. Just slow write speeds (30MBs) is my only complaint. But this was the same speed Storage Spaces was giving me too.

But that is good information, and I think the enclosures also support eSata, so I can look into that as well if needed.
This is NOT working for me, on my Pooling Only (Storage Pool, no RAID) configuration.  2.1 [Snapshot 1.1 / Storage Pool 2.0] [2015.11.01]

I have 3 drives (D, E, F), no restricted volumes, Removable: true, Enable recycle bin mode: false, Pool to start automatically after 15000 ms, Pool Merge Mode: Auto-Folder-Priority, Drive Letter: Z

In Windows 7, Explorer, right-click on drive Z (on the drive, not a folder), select Share with > Advanced sharing...
Currently says Not Shared.  Click on the Advanced Sharing... button.  Check box to Share this folder.  Change Share name to Z Root, click Permissions, check Full Control, OK. OK. Close.  Windows now shows that drive Z is shared.

On other PC in network, in file explorer, go to \\MEDIA_SERVER.  A drive shows up "Z Root".  Click on it and all of the contents of my Z shared drive is there.

Back on the Media Server, go into the Storage Pool configuration, click on Server Shares tab, click on Backup Storage Pool Shares.  Would you like to backup your shares configurations?  YES.  Popup: Operation Success.  Saved.

Reboot Media Server PC.  Wait a while...wait forever...and drive Z is not shared.  It does not show the shared icon in the Media Server PC file explorer, nor is the drive accessible from any other PC on the network.

« Last post by Brahim on June 16, 2017, 08:46:18 pm »
It is true that some controller hide the disk serial numbers. However, the SMART detail will have the correct serial.
Now, note that USB disks are not supported in tRAID. I am guessing that you have an attached USB storage with a bunch of disks. I would try eSATA instead of USB.
USB controllers are just not reliable under heavy load.
« Last post by omniphil on June 16, 2017, 07:24:02 pm »
I guess the issue is that the info that is showed for physical disks is usually wrong, serial numbers are sometimes duplicated making it really hard to know whats what...

Here's an example...

Model:
ST4000DM 000-1F2168 USB Device
SerialNumber:
FirmwareRevision:
0X03

This disk is certainly not serial number 000000000002
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10