Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
tRAID on Windows / Re: How do I change the log level?
« Last post by Vayne on March 16, 2018, 12:07:59 pm »
In the Web UI, select to edit the host and you will see the option to set the log level for the host.
It is likely set to TRACE. Change it to WARN or ERROR.

You can make those changes without having to stop and restart anything.
Thank you, that has solved the problem perfectly. As you suspected, it was set to TRACE.
Tips & Tricks / Re: Adding drives with data - to a Hyper-V Flexraid
« Last post by Brahim on March 15, 2018, 11:30:56 pm »
That should work just fine if the end result is a physical RDM as explained here: http://www.flexraid.com/2014/02/07/storage-deployment-vmware-esxi-iommuvt-d-vs-physical-rdm-vs-virtual-rdm-vs-vmdk/

I don't run Hyper-V to tell you conclusively if it is or not.
If Hyper-V hands you virtual RDMs (as opposed to physical), it will work but you will not be able to pull SMART information out of those disks.
Snapshot RAID / Re: Swapping out two drives at the same time.
« Last post by Brahim on March 15, 2018, 11:24:23 pm »
It will be best to delete the current configuration, regain control of all your disks, create a new configuration with your new desired layout, and compute parity anew.
RAID-F on Linux / Re: Ubuntu Transport Endpoint Disconnected
« Last post by Brahim on March 15, 2018, 11:21:55 pm »
Which version are you on?
Is the Web UI still accessible when this happens?

Please check the logs for potential clues.
General Discussion / Re: New trial of TRaid - All previous data gone!
« Last post by Brahim on March 15, 2018, 11:19:24 pm »
Great that you are back on track.

You can start the tRAID array with a smaller set of disks and expand as you go. See: http://wiki.flexraid.com/2013/06/27/raid-expansion-in-transparent-raid/
Note however that, rather than doing many RAID Expansions, it will be simpler to migrate your data unprotected to individual drives first and then create the tRAID array using those drives in one go. Basically, RAID Expansions/Contractions have a certain risk in all RAID systems. So, you want to minimize how often you do them.

You can request for your trial to be extended by emailing sales at flexraid dot com. You will need to provide your trial ID in the email. The trial ID is provided to you in the message when a trial request is denied on the Web UI.

tRAID on Windows / Re: How do I change the log level?
« Last post by Brahim on March 15, 2018, 11:09:24 pm »
In the Web UI, select to edit the host and you will see the option to set the log level for the host.
It is likely set to TRACE. Change it to WARN or ERROR.

You can make those changes without having to stop and restart anything.
General Discussion / Re: No response from ...
« Last post by Brahim on March 15, 2018, 11:04:56 pm »
Hey, sent you an email.
Thanks.
General Discussion / Re: No response from ..
« Last post by litlgi74 on March 15, 2018, 08:40:07 pm »
Why??? Why hasn't anyone gotten back to me?

I first asked for help via the contact us option on 3/5/18... And no one has gotten back to me...

I asked for help via email... Same response... Nothing!

I asked for help via PM to Brahim on the forum... No help.

I asked for help via a thread post on the forum... No help.

What is going on?

I paid to have a domain renewed (which I don't need) and reactivated an email account (which I don't need) just to have my personal account info sent to my original email I used to purchase flexraid...

This is ridiculous...

I just need to have my portal user name and password sent to my email... Why is this so difficult?

This is ridiculous....

Can some one please get back to me? ASAP!

John
tRAID on Windows / How do I change the log level?
« Last post by Vayne on March 15, 2018, 03:21:52 pm »
I've recently started downloading directly to my tRAID array, and as a result it's producing huge amounts of log files just recording [OnOpenFile], [OnCloseFile] type events. It literally fills up gigabytes of space in a few hours.

I assume this can be fixed by turning the log level down, but I can't find out how to do that successfully. On the wiki I've found reference to two different methods, one (seemingly older?) involves editing a "logging.options.txt" file that I don't seem to have:
http://wiki.flexraid.com/2011/03/26/how-to-enable-more-verbose-logging/
while the other involves editing System Environment Variables - I didn't have the FLEXRAID_NZFS_LOG_LEVEL variable, but I was able to create it manually, however doing so hasn't changed the quantity of logs being produced.
http://wiki.flexraid.com/2013/06/27/changing-log-levels-in-transparent-raid/

If one of those two methods should be working, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?  If I should be doing something else, what is that thing?
General Discussion / No response from sales at flexraid.com...
« Last post by litlgi74 on March 12, 2018, 05:23:12 pm »
I emailed sales at flexraid.com on 3/5/18 for help logging into the portal and have received no response.

I used the contact us section of the website on 3/5/18 for help logging into the portal and have received no response.

I sent Brahim an IM... no response.

What the heck is going on?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]