Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
General Discussion / Re: High compute throughput
« Last post by Sasrigran on May 10, 2018, 04:45:40 am »
How do you calculate it?
tRAID on Windows / Anyone upgraded to Windows 10 build 1803?
« Last post by astuni on May 09, 2018, 01:00:51 am »
Hello there, anyone upgraded yet? Any problem bless with flexraid traid?

Just wanted to be sure before pulling the trigger...

Thanks
General Discussion / Transfer license to new machine help/clarification
« Last post by CakeM1x on May 08, 2018, 02:29:05 pm »
I emailed Flexraid for confirmation but they have ignored me for over a month now. I have a new faster computer (SSD/mobo/cpu/gpu/memory/psu) that I want to transfer flexraid and my current hard drives to. From what I've read that if I'm keeping my drives it should work. I don't see why I should not be able to transfer my license to my new machine but I have read a lot of people having issues with this and support is pretty non existent. Can anyone confirm this is true?
tRAID Bug Reports / Re: Notifications for dropped drives?
« Last post by adridolf on May 03, 2018, 05:47:46 am »
The WebUI "service" must be running.
tRAID Bug Reports / Re: Notifications for dropped drives?
« Last post by antiflash on May 02, 2018, 09:28:05 am »
"Web UI must be running"
You mean that the web interface must open in a web browser for dropped disk notification to take place? Shouldn't this functionality be running from background service?
General Discussion / Schedule Job Error
« Last post by antiflash on April 27, 2018, 07:52:08 pm »
In tRaid when I set up a Schedule Job for verify task, it does not start. In the weblog it shows the following:
Any ideas? Everything else works great except the scheduler.

[2018-04-27 18:57:00,008] ERROR executeAction(363) - Client connection not found for host=2!
java.io.IOException: Client connection not found for host=2!
   at com.tchegbe.nzfs.ui.server.util.NZFSHostHelper.getClient(NZFSHostHelper.java:107)
   at com.tchegbe.nzfs.ui.server.util.NZFSHostHelper.getResponse(NZFSHostHelper.java:107)
   at com.tchegbe.nzfs.ui.server.util.NZFSHostHelper.isIOPublished(NZFSHostHelper.java:107)
   at com.tchegbe.nzfs.ui.server.op.NZFSBaseOperations.isPublished(NZFSBaseOperations.java:41)
   at com.tchegbe.nzfs.ui.server.job.NZFSVerifyJob.executeAction(NZFSVerifyJob.java:363)
   at com.tchegbe.nzfs.ui.server.job.BaseNZFSJob.execute(BaseNZFSJob.java:86)
   at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:216)
   at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(Unknown Source)
I had the same problems as you . Turn off "Link State Power Management" didn't works for me.

Since I had already replaced all of the PSU come with the enclosure so I am sure the problem had nothing to do with PSU.
At first, I guess it’s due to bad esata cable so I spent $60 USD to purchase different brand esata cable , including C2G, startech.
However, the problems remain the same. I think it’s likely there’s a compatible issue between controller chipset. So I spent another $200 USD to purchase different esata controller card using different chipsets, including Marvell, silicon Image, Asmedia, Jmicron. I bought all of them and test them all one by one but none of them can fix the problems.

I am glad to tell you I finally found the root caused and get them fixed.

You can simple Google "Ultimate fix for Sansdigital TowerRAID Enclosure" for the solution and I had explain the root cause in details.

Direct Link: http://kamserver.com/2018/04/24/ultimate-fix-for-sansdigital-towerraid-enclosure/
General Discussion / Re: Presale Questions
« Last post by adridolf on April 25, 2018, 05:03:38 am »
While FlexRaid has some unique features, support is the downside in many cases.

Note that RAID-F is the "older" part of it (mirroring on file level), while t-Raid is the "newer" one (mirroring on disk level).

In addition, t-Raid has at least seen some activity over last two years, while RAID-F users more frequently complain about features not being fixed or supported any more.

I use t-Raid because of its ability to add/remove drives without having to set up everything again and due to the possibility to access my data from individual drives if something goes wrong. These are killer features for me which kept me living with the slow development and sometimes problematic support (although I personally did have much less problems in this area than others) as well as the very user-unfriendly licensing concept.

If you need one of those features, maybe you should consider using RAID-F or better t-Raid. If you don't or you are (actually) dependent on support, try something different. Also, be aware that paid premium support seems to not help you much based on what I read here.
General Discussion / Re: Presale Questions
« Last post by AlanT on April 24, 2018, 04:11:32 pm »
A full week later, and no response.  While FlexRAID-FS seems a good option, I'm not comfortable trusting my data to a system that isn't well supported.

Yesterday, I looked at other options, and it looks like DrivePool may meet my needs at least as well.  Not as efficient with drive space, but certainly better supported.  Documentation is also much easier to follow.

Going to be testing this out next.
General Discussion / Re: License help no key has been sent
« Last post by fraky on April 24, 2018, 12:57:18 pm »
Seems to be normal. Try again and again until you get some response ...

Cheers, thought that might be the case, looks like it’s time for a daily email
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]