Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Storage Pooling / Question On External Drives
« Last post by Z0m8ie on Today at 12:20:28 am »
Hi,  I really only wish to pool my external drives but would like to know what would happen if one was to accidentally turn off?, will the data be lost?. What is the best settings for pooling 6 external usb drives with a minimum amount of room taken up for recovery?.
General Discussion / Re: Permissions: Have to Click "RETRY" to overwrite file
« Last post by Z0m8ie on September 23, 2017, 11:27:49 pm »
Was this issue resolved?.
General Discussion / Re: How To Pool External USB Drives?
« Last post by Z0m8ie on September 23, 2017, 11:01:02 pm »
Hi Brahim,

Thanks for the reply. What is the reason for not setting up a tRAID parity RAID configuration?. I really only wish to pool my external drives but would like to know what would happen if one was to accidentally turn off?.
General Discussion / Re: Files randomly left behind on Landing Disk
« Last post by Brahim on September 21, 2017, 01:52:54 pm »
This can happen if there is a file in the array of the same name and path as the landing disk file.
That or the files could potentially be locked by other programs.

There should be entries in the logs relating to the errors in moving the affected files.
General Discussion / Re: How To Pool External USB Drives?
« Last post by Brahim on September 21, 2017, 01:47:55 pm »
USB disks are pooled the exact same way internal disks are.

The one thing to remember is that you should avoid using USB disk in a tRAID parity RAID configuration since USB controllers are not designed for heavy and prolonged loads.
General Discussion / Re: Error code on verify
« Last post by Brahim on September 21, 2017, 01:45:43 pm »
Please see this topic in regard to the forensic plugin: http://forum.flexraid.com/index.php/topic,4175.msg26989.html

In the most likely case, you will just run the Verify & Sync task, which will correct the parity.

Block failures are not the expectation. However, they are not critical if they happen once in awhile. Frequent block failures are what you should worry about.

Block failures can come from a variety of sources including memory errors, which you have no control over. This is why servers typically use ECC RAM.
General Discussion / Files randomly left behind on Landing Disk
« Last post by jitdor on September 21, 2017, 12:05:46 pm »
I have a 7-disk configuration on tRAID that has been running for a few years, with a 128GB SSD formatted as a single ReFS partition being used solely as a landing disk.

Of late, I notice the landing disk buffer gets filled up very quickly, so I took a peek into the drive and noticed that the available storage is 50-60GB less. I make sure the landing disk is not in use before I took ownership of the hidden folders trying to find out what's hogging the space. To my surprise, there are a few old files being left over on the landing disk, which had already been copied to the array long ago. I am not able to find any pattern because it happens rather randomly - the files that are left behind have different creation dates and during the same period there are many other files of the same type and size which got transferred to the array and removed from the landing disk.

There is no implication to data integrity (so far) and the verify tasks always turn out to be successful. If anything the only compliant is that I need to check the available space on the landing disk regularly.

If anyone has any suggestions on why this occurred, I'd be happy to investigate further. Thanks!
General Discussion / Re: Restore of Drive
« Last post by asian on September 20, 2017, 02:36:28 pm »
Thank you for all that assisted working now
General Discussion / Re: Need Help with Transferring license to different computer
« Last post by cogliostrio on September 20, 2017, 11:06:53 am »
If you read the link I posted earlier, you must realize you have answered your own question.

Its a completely different system

Quote from: Licensing: hardware changes and license transfer
for cases where key components in the computer are upgraded (motherboard + CPU – essentially you just have a new computer in the old case), the computer will be deemed to be a new computer.
General Discussion / How To Pool External USB Drives?
« Last post by Z0m8ie on September 20, 2017, 03:48:06 am »
Hi, I was wondering is it possible to pool USB2 and USB3 External Hard Drives using FlexRaid?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10